What is Dry Ice Blasting or CO2 Cleaning.
You may be wondering just what is CO2 cleaning or dry ice blasting. CO2 cleaning (dry ice blasting) is a relatively new cleaning process that uses compressed air to accelerate frozen carbon dioxide (dry ice) pellets to a supersonic speed to impact and clean a surface.
The dry ice temperature of 79 degrees C causes a micro-thermal shock. The combination of kinetic energy, dry ice pellets, and the air pressure break the bond between the coating and the substrate. The coating pops off from inside out with the air stream removing it from the surface.
The pellets leave no residue by converting directly from a solid blast pellet to a vapor, thus eliminating the need and cost of media disposal. This cleaning process has many benefits. To find out in more detail on how CO2 cleaning can be a benefit to your industry call us we will be happy to speak with you regarding your next project.
CO2 CLEANING BENEFITS:
- Less Downtime Hours – CO2 cleaning is faster and more efficient, eliminating disassembly prior to cleaning.
- Totally Non-Abrasive – CO2 cleaning will not damage or etch equipment, such as bearings, rollers and seals.
- No Solvents – Harmless CO2 pellets that evaporate upon contact take the place of solvents.
- Waste Disposal Reduction – Since the Co2 pellets evaporate, the only waste to dispose of is the contaminant itself.
- Prolongs Equipment’s Useful Life – The surface being cleaned wears more slowly allowing it to maintain its integrity. Other cleaning methods can damage and change the structure of the surface. CO2 cleaning is non-abrasive and will not change the structure of the surface. Another factor to consider is that the equipment does not have to be moved and can be cleaned in place. This eliminates the possible damage to equipment when being moved.
- Increased Safety – Safe for the environment, employees, equipment and facility.
Starr Restoration Services, Inc. covers many cities and States throughout the Midwest, St. Louis Missouri, Chicago Illinois, Nashville Tennessee, Springfield Missouri & Illinois , Memphis Tennessee, Oklahoma City Oklahoma, Des Moines Iowa, Indianapolis Indiana, Louisville Kentucky. MO, IL, TN, KS, IA, OK, IN, KY to name a few.
Contact us Today to discuss your project and receive a free quote